Sunday, March 25, 2007

Nelson:New House



Hi.

This is the new house I drew overnight. After talking with Niño, I realized that I really haven't been pushing myself or tying down my designs enough. He also pointed out that by not taking my work to a more finished stage, I am not discovering my full weaknesses. So, here is my new drawing, warts and all.

I realized that I really need to draw more and work in a smarter way. This drawing took longer than I thought it would and it was more difficult than it looks. I struggled with perspective for what seemed like forever, finally decided to forego the perspective (for now) and work it free hand.

I was going for an armored beast form to the house madeup of a rock mass. Since the race of creatures are more of an earthy "goat like" people, I wanted to tie in the rocky shapes and materials. Though the design isn't as extreme or pushed as I would like it to be, I am glad that Niño gave me this quick turnaround goal. Any comments are appreciated.

--Nelson

1 comment:

nino navarra said...

Nelson, this is exactly the direction and results I wanted to see from you. This is a big leap from the work you have been turning in. The work is clearer, more decisive, and overall better quality. There are no real problems with your perspective, and is very acceptable. Good material indication also on your piece. However, there still needs some clarification on how things are put together, and line quality could be better. I will work with you more on this next class. One last thing, your penmanship sucks. Type it out.

How do you feel about this? Did you find out a lot from this little test? You should be very excited, and proud of yourself. Keep up the good work Nelly.

-Niño